Saint Augustine located in St. Johns County
was voted one of the TOP 10 places to live in the United States by CNN and Money Magazine.
St. Augustine was ranked in the TOP 10 IN THE WORLD by National Geographic for
Best Holiday Lights.
St Johns County has over 40 miles of scenic coastline.
That adds up to plenty of fun on and off the water!
St. Johns County Real Estate Market Trends
The following information is provided by the Northeast Florida Association of Realtors
December 2016 Highlights
• 2,189 sales for the month, down 4.5 percent from a year ago
• 78 days on market average, a 7.1 percent quicker timeframe than 84 days a year ago
• median sales price of $195,068
• average sales price of $231,870
• inventory of homes was 7,699, 20.4 percent less than the 9,688 in December 2015
• pending sales were 1,955 or 3.5 percent more than last December
• 2,032 sellers added homes to inventory (4.3 percent less than last December), yet supply on hand was only 3.3 (far less than the five- to six-months that is considered a balanced market)
2016 Annual Report Highlights
• closed sales hit 27,873; the greatest number of homes sales in Northeast Florida since 2006 (there were 26,861 sales in 2015)
• average days on market for the year was 76
• median sales price for the year was $185,000
• average sales price for the year was $227,298
• 36,122 sellers added homes to inventory in 2016
• The five areas who saw the largest percentage of positive change in closed sales from 2015 were: 1) Ponte Vedra / Nocatee in St. Johns County; 2) St. Johns County Northeast; 3) St. Johns County Southeast; 4) Putnam County South; 5) Nassau County.
• Areas that saw the largest increase in median sales price from 2015 were: 1) Springfield / Downtown / Paxon / Trout River South / Downtown Jacksonville East; 2) Hyde Grove / Murray Hill / Lakeshore / Wesconnett; 3) Putnam County South; 4) Green Cove Springs; 5) Keystone Heights vicinity
2017 NEFAR President Marc Jernigan said, “Inventory has bumped along well below normal throughout 2016, but the final sales tally is remarkably strong. It’s an indicator of the significant strength of home buyer demand in Northeast Florida.”
Source: Northeast Florida Multiple Listing Service
Your Link to St Augustine Real Estate
Melissa Owen Property Manager
St Johns County Chamber of Commerce
St Johns County Tax Collector
St Johns County Resident Information
St Augustine Events
St. Augustine 450th Commemoration
Old City Life Magazine
Golf Courses in St Augustine
World Golf Village Hall of Fame